[Bf-committers] MinGW libs in windows x32 svn

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:09:44 CET 2011

Hi,

Think i'm one from guys who's responsible for gcc libs. But i can't see why
we need to use different png libs for mingw and msvc.

Basically, only libraries which are using C++ should be definitely split,
but if C++ isn't used in libs it should be possible to use them in both of
mcvc and gcc. If it's impossible, probably it's a mistake in build
environment or configuration.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> Hey,
> I would like to move *all* mingw libs to lib/windows/gcc. There are some
> libs already, but some are still inside the "normal" directories.
> This is bad as it makes it harder for the msvc maintainers to upgrade libs.
>
> I just updated the png libs, but in the same dir are the mingw libs.
>
> I want to focus on msvc 2008, which is our official build system, all
> other libs should be clearly separated in the libraries svn.
>
> Who is responsible for mingw libs in win32?
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Dinges
> Blender Developer, Artist and Musician