[Bf-committers] Color space and alpha issues

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Dec 18 22:41:35 CET 2011

Hi,

You also linked to this post here, which makes a point that I didn't
fully get yet:
http://groups.google.com/group/ocio-dev/browse_thread/thread/65e84a85416a8637/962ea485d1a210a3?lnk=gst&q=thoughts+on+alpha#962ea485d1a210a3

There is actually no right way to do color space conversion on images
with alpha, it depends on the background that they were or will be
composited over. For color correction operations it's similar, to make
it behave like painting applications it should work on key alpha, but
this isn't necessarily "right".

So perhaps there's still toggles needed to control if these operations
should happen on premul/key alpha (for image load/save, and for color
correction nodes).

Brecht.