[Bf-committers] Blender developers IRC meeting, 18 dec 2011

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Sun Dec 18 21:15:56 CET 2011

> - Meeting briefly discussed Node plugins. Would be a good way to
> prevent "node-creep"! Lukas will look into it.

I still have the libplugin (http://libplugin.sourceforge.net/) patch
floating around on my hard drive which could easily be used for this
with the new node registration system.

After the first of the year I should have some time to kick it around
a bit and get a demo up and running...and quite possibly replace the
xml-based parser with a python one since the last time I brought this
up there were some objections to the whole xml thing.

But, as it stands, it is a fully functional plugin system base which
can be extended to handle nodes and such.

Dan