[Bf-committers] rpm's and debs

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:32:18 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAICS the problems is that many distros don't upgrade apps, they just
> accept bugfixes or security updates on whatever is released with the
> distro.
> Theres not much we can do about that.

It's a far from perfect solution, but Fedora contributors are allowed
to create a personal repository hosted on fedorapeople.org.
Theoretically it could cause small issues on upgrades if the package
for the next release isn't available and they're not well advertised,
but it is an option. I haven't jumped through the hoops to create a
personal repository yet but I'm willing to if there's enough interest.
I'm the Fedora maintainer for openCOLLADA and OpenImageIO so I have
those dependencies covered.

Richard