[Bf-committers] Color space and alpha issues

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 15 23:41:57 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Jason van Gumster
<jason at handturkeystudios.com> wrote:
> I understand the necessity/convenience of internally choosing one alpha format
> over the other. However, I'm curious how this would impact saving to image
> formats that only support one alpha format (e.g. premultiplied alpha is
> explicitly not part of the PNG spec[1]). Granted, I could be missing something
> and it's not a huge issue, but I figured it'd be worth asking.

Part of the proposal is to automatically convert to the right alpha
format on load/save.

Regarding OIIO, this is the one issue it would solve automatically.
But it's actually a really simple change anyway, not something that
makes it worth letting one development project depend on the other.

Brecht.