[Bf-committers] Color space and alpha issues

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Thu Dec 15 22:23:56 CET 2011

Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> I might not have time to tackle this for 2.62, but it doesn't
> necessarily need to be done all in one big change. Feedback welcome,
> about what you think should be done different, and which alpha format
> convention should be used?

I understand the necessity/convenience of internally choosing one alpha format
over the other. However, I'm curious how this would impact saving to image
formats that only support one alpha format (e.g. premultiplied alpha is
explicitly not part of the PNG spec[1]). Granted, I could be missing something
and it's not a huge issue, but I figured it'd be worth asking.

  -Jason

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/PNG/#6AlphaRepresentation