[Bf-committers] CUDA compiler open-sourced

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 15 13:14:20 CET 2011

Here are the details for the AMD issue. It has been reported to AMD,
and they fixed the first issue we had, but we still can't compile the
full kernel.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/OpenCL

For Cycles, I don't really care about OpenCL vs. CUDA languages
really, the code is such that it can compile for both and no specific
CUDA feature is needed. The difference is in the compiler
implementations.

Brecht.