[Bf-committers] Proxy system upgrade ideas

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:10:08 CET 2011

Good coverage of points there. I would add that duplis inside linked
chars should be kept as duplis in order to save on ram. ie an army of
100 tanks could look like this

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1m_APQWnzs3lgNtZ4UxRmhTMJR0AMome8j59qMIZndp4/edit?hl=en_US

only the deformed meshes (simple mesh type obs, not duplis) get
duplicated in memory since their animation can potentially be
different on each proxy

cheers

Daniel Salazar
patazstudio.com