[Bf-committers] Is Cycles going to support OpenCL 1.0 ?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 7 20:04:05 CET 2011

Hi,

We probably won't support 1.0. It's a matter of priorities, if we
design our code such that it works on older hardware, it also makes it
more complex and harder to extend. The more features we add the more
difficult it's going to be to support older GPU's, and we're only just
getting started...

At the moment Cycles is not working fully on new ATI GPU's yet, even
those cards have limitations that CPU's and new NVidia cards don't
have, so that's already taking quite a bit of offert.

Brecht.