[Bf-committers] Proposal to improve the File Selector Box for import/export and open/save

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:13:46 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Gaia Clary <gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I created another example where i believe that my proposal
> makes sense:
>
>     http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=21934
>
> I have used a screen width of 840 which i believe is an extreme case
> and almost nobody will ever use such a narrow screen. But even
> there it appears to me like very usable and not a waste of space
> compared to what we have today:
>
>     http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=21935
>
> If the right sidebar in my proposal really gets in the way it always
> can be hidden. What i dislike in my proposal is the location of the
> "Export Obj" button. Any ideas ?

I like having it on both sides. I find that even on my big 2 monitor
system my eyes don't bother to see the lower left or off the screen on
the bottom left. Also having it on the right like that makes the whole
screen feel more balanced to me. I also work on a small system with
1024*786 (?) and I don't see a problem with screen space in this case.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: