[Bf-committers] Proposal to improve the File Selector Box for import/export and open/save

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Dec 4 14:29:45 CET 2011

Hi.

I created another example where i believe that my proposal
makes sense:

     http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=21934

I have used a screen width of 840 which i believe is an extreme case
and almost nobody will ever use such a narrow screen. But even
there it appears to me like very usable and not a waste of space
compared to what we have today:

     http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=21935

If the right sidebar in my proposal really gets in the way it always
can be hidden. What i dislike in my proposal is the location of the
"Export Obj" button. Any ideas ?

If i get any positive feedback, then i will dig deeper into this and if i
could get some initial help where to start changing the source code
i will try to make a patch for this request :)

cheers,
Gaia