[Bf-committers] Proposal to improve the File Selector Box for import/export and open/save

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 02:01:29 CET 2011

Hi.

This sounds very interesting and it is a good idea to me, but I really
dislike the fact of adding another right panel. It seems to be waste of
space, especially on small monitors. Windows has second preview panel in
explorer, but I always close it because takes up a lot space. Maybe later,
when I (hopefully) add more advanced file management functionality, the
second panel might be required. And even then, it should be hidden.

That said, I think Properties Toolbox must be easily accessible when
needed. Therefore, it is probably better to put import/export properties
first in the shelf.

About UI proposals, it is good to talk first with katio, DingTo or elubie
(file manager module owner).

Afaik, there is no well documentation internal gui information.You can look
here http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/Architecture under User
Interface. Also debuger is your friend.
If you need any help, you can talk to me  (alexku) or other developers on
blendercoders  irc. New developers are always welcomed!

Thank you,
Alex