[Bf-committers] Learning From Bug Handling at Mozilla

Jonathan Smith j.jaydez at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:32:18 CEST 2011

Hey Guys,

I was just reading a blog post about bugs with Firefox:
http://tylerdowner.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/some-clarification-and-musings/

The post is all about the situation of bug triaging at Mozilla, and how the
developers there have been (apparently) not doing so well with the large
flow of bug reports, coupled with the new, faster release cycle.

Although I don't think Blender has any problems with this yet, it might be
good to read this post through and see what we can learn from it, in hopes
of preventing similar problems in the Blender development pipeline.
Especially as Blender transitions to shorter release cycles and gains more
and more users (both professional and hobbyist).

Cheers,
Jonathan