[Bf-committers] Autosaving images

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:20:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been using projection painting since it was introducted and after
two years I *still* forget to save images sometimes while in the other
way I save the .blend compulsively. Could you add an option to save
all modified images automatically on file save? I always save an image
with a different filename whenever I'm about to modify it wanting to
keep the old one.

I tried to make an addon in python last year but I couldn't trigger
the save image operator outside the uv/image editor context (or
something like that, I don't remember the problem).

I also vaguely remember filing a bug report and it being moved to the
ToDo but I can't find it. It was something to do with packed images,
as I think they should behave like internal text blocks.

Greets