[Bf-committers] [Soc-2011-dev] Final Report - Garlic Branch

xiangquan xiao xiaoxiangquan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:32:50 CEST 2011

Sorry I'm late for this disscussion. Just flied back to Beijing today, for
the new semester.

Actually, compiling and linking .mo is not a task for building. I ever
thought add building
commands like "make update_po", "make update_mo" as some other applications
do.
But finally, for simplicity I just put some update_XXX.py scripts under /po
to do these works.
Related doc:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Xiaoxiangquan/GoogleSummerOfCode/2011/Internationalization/notes_for_translators
Section:update PO & update MO

About msvc+scons, I failed to build with this environment.
The only rule added by Garlic is coping the unifont.ttf.gz to
[datafiles]/fonts/ when "make install".
Maybe you can help fix it if there is any bug on this. In my tests, msvc+cmake
will do it correctly.

The worst thing is that as far as I know no one has run Garlic successfully
under windows. Dingto
also failed at the last link stage. Now I'm asking jesterkin for help on
this. So I'm very sorry that
I haven't any idea about the windows locale issules, yet.