[Bf-committers] Final Report - Garlic Branch

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Fri Aug 26 05:43:06 CEST 2011

>are you able to build your own Blender for testing?

yes i know how to build and patch, but i don't have the garlic repository  downloaded and my internet connection is too low, and garlic is about ~150 MB, but if you have on your disk, i'll be grateful for you if you could compress it with 7zip using ultra profile and upload it some where, it will be far smaller ~20 MB, i can then download and compile, if not i need abut a full day to download the repo.

>(if there is much follow up from here I guess we should "move" to bf-committers)
no problem, i sent this message to bf-committers too.

2011/8/25 Yousef Hurfoush <bat3a at msn.com>

hi all

i natively speak Arabic and happy to perform tests with this language.

But I'm not sure if an Arabic speaker could read it comfortably. If not, I
think they should choose a font. I'll add the [How to change font] section
in wiki later.
no i can't, as the letter order are reversed, you probably won't see the order right in your OS unless you install RTL languages support.

here are a site i use when using text in blender, http://textmechanic.com/Reverse-Text-Generator.html

this web page reverse the order of letters, and i use special fonts in blender to display it correctly.

contact me if you need any help :)

Soc-2011-dev at blender.org