[Bf-committers] Asking for help with patch conversion (bas-relief)

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Wed Aug 24 10:41:51 CEST 2011

Hello,
several years ago I developed a new compositing node - bas relief.
I am frequently contacted from people who are asking for builds of this patch, since it's so far probably still the only free and working implementation of the algorithm.
Currently, I didn't build blender for a long time and I have no clue how to convert a 2.49 node to a 2.5 node,
and don't even have internet connection on my working machine, so getting dependencies e.t.c. working is very hard.
Is there anybody on the list who would be willing to help with converting/building the old patch? Probably it would just need some standard RNA-fying process.
here is all the info and the patch:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Reference/Windows/Nodes/Composite_Nodes#Bas_relief
here are some sample outputs:
http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/ContemporaryGods.htm