[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes August 21, 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Aug 22 10:51:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

Shaul: Currently the support will go to Jeroen Bakker (compositing)
and Lukas Toenne (particles).
It might well take 3 months or more before we can spend on other
projects.

Troy: I rather don't use the Development Fund to prioritize features,
nor to start paying volunteers who work on code already. It's first
meant to help out developers on tasks which otherwise wouldn't be
completed (due to time/job constraints). Supporting already active
developers with a past track record is preferred. We should also
strive for continuity and sustainability - trying to keep people on
board and solve essential bottlenecks.

There's no real official protocol or guideline for this in place yet.
To me it seems the active developers themselves will submit proposals
or propose ideas easily anyway. It's from them we like to see
proposals, and it's for them (and the bf-blender admin board in the
end) to decide.

-Ton-