[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes August 21, 2011
ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 21 19:52:04 CEST 2011
Here's a summary of today's topics:
1) Blender 2.59 status
- Release reports are all good, no showstoppers really, so not an 'a'
release needed (yet?)
- OpenCollada compile fails on Linux Fedora.
2) Blender 2.60 planing
- Release cycle proposal approved. Thomas updates the doc.
(Martin Poirier amendment will be added "first week of BCon1, only
module-owner approved fixes")
- FFmpeg 0.8 migration will start.
- Pepper branch: work on sound and animation system could go in, other
branches probably too (motion capture file import, GE animation,
Collada work). Proposal is to give at least a week everyone time for
code review, via online codereview:
Brecht & Campbell will help too, especially when reviews lack next
- Peter Schlaile's branch on Sequencer Proxies approved, can go to trunk
- Cycles render engine and Motion Tracking (tomato) is for 2.61.
- Particle 2010 branch: approved. (Framing/looping feature hidden for
- Other branches? Can people who added their branches ready here
report if things are ready for final review?
- Schedule proposal for current release cycle:
BCon1 is now.
BCon2 start: 1 sept (final targets for 2.60 defined)
BCon3 start: 22 sept (branch mergers final)
BCon4 start 2 oct (testbuild, fixing only)
BCon5 start 9 oct (svn frozen, release a few days after)
- Git discussion: we'll happily await a proposal, with a plan for how
and who will tackle the tasks, keep history and SCM browse, what
consequences would be for non-git experienced developers, why not Hg,
3) Other projects
- Ton reports Development Fund is reaching 1000/month. Will contact
Jeroen Bakker to discuss OpenCL compositor project completion.
- NVidia mailed as Siggraph follow-up, to support Mango project &
developers with high-end cards, including Tesla. With AMD/ATI an
appointment has been made at IBC conference Amsterdam (early
September). Cooperation with Intel OpenGL team will be set up too.
4) Google Summer of Code.
- Official "Pencils down" is tomorrow! Best GSoC ever! Not every
student is finished though, but there's general interest to continue
after the deadline too.
- Students who want to get their work in 2.60 can discuss it with
mentor how to prepare submission.
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers