[Bf-committers] Blender and Collada support. Does it matter?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Aug 19 08:10:54 CEST 2011

On Aug 19, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> Also i'm sure that there are many Blender developers, including GSOC
> students, that would gladly make the time to work and mantain Collada if
> that was funded.

Well that was basically the whole point of my post - people are serious about Collada, many need it, and certainly funded dev on it must be possible. Was mostly a reaction to you saying that funding the work wouldn't work.

So, as said, by all means talk with Khronos, but if that route is slow or otherwise difficult, let's not let that stop us getting improved code earlier.

> Juan

~Toni