[Bf-committers] Fedora openCOLLADA cmake fix

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:14:15 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM, Dan Eicher <dan at trollwerks.org> wrote:
> This patch (http://www.pasteall.org/23988/diff) fixes cmake so it can
> build with the version of openCOLLADA that is packaged by the fedora
> folks. Since they build against xml2 it looks for that instead of
> expat so would require anyone building their own collada to link
> against that too.

Hey! I'm the Fedora packager of openCOLLADA but I can't take full
credit. I had a lot of help.

Is there a reason to prefer expat over xml2? It's been too long now so
I'm not sure why I chose to build against xml2 (or maybe it's left
over from the SUSE package I based mine on).

It looks like your patch may make at least part of all of one of mine
obsolete which would be fine by me.

I'm not a cmake expert but for the Fedora build we decided to put the
headers in "/usr/include/<COLLADA_LIB_NAME>" without the extra
"/include" on the end, so I also patch the blender cmake files to make
that work.

Would your patch make that easier or harder to deal with?

Thanks,
Richard