[Bf-committers] Colormangement is painfull

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:56:24 CEST 2011

In the recent days I stumbled upon multiple bugs in relation with the
colormangement.

The first thing is the use of colormanagement inside the Image-Editor,
which is automatically enabled as soon you load an image with
float-values (32-bit), even so the image itself is intended to be
linear. Additionally the performance inside this mode is horrible.
(#28193,
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=28193&group_id=9&atid=498
)

The second thing is the texture node inside the material nodes. It
always uses colormangement and gives different results as if inside
material-slots. (#28235,
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=28235&group_id=9&atid=498
)

That leaves me the question why colormangement is done to textures at
all? So far I could not see any realistic use-case inside this components.

At least someone should tell me how i could get colors from linear ->
managed and managed -> linear to workaround this issues.

Greetings from
Tobias Oelgarte