[Bf-committers] Bf-committers Digest, Vol 85, Issue 1

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 8 15:06:55 CEST 2011

Ok, so I’ll commit (later today, I hope…) modifiers with clamped values
(and min/max mapping for distance)… Once that will be done, I think we
might consider VGroupModifiers as mergeable (unless Campbell sees other
things to fix…).

But, IMHO, if we want to keep vgroups this way, we *really* need more
general-purpose cdata layers, for vertices as well as edges and faces,
with ways to “convert” them into vgroups/crease/whatever more specific
cdatas might be needed. And tools that can use any values (like e.g.
some modifiers, Wave, Displace, etc.) should then use those generic
CData layers, instead of vgroups ones…

Cheers,
Bastien

PS : I’m really sorry for my big lack of reactivity, but I’m currently
in “vacations” curing birds, and have nearly no time for anything else…
Should be back in a week !