[Bf-committers] Environment map render op

Tom Edwards contact at steamreview.org
Sun Aug 7 14:57:28 CEST 2011

A while ago I added a "skip cameras" option to the render operator (in
my local copy), to improve the export of environment maps. This works
well, but looking ahead to possible trunk integration I'm not sure that
it is good API design: external renderers will need to be updated to
account for both the new setting and, more importantly, the fact that a
render can now go ahead without an active camera.

What is the best approach to making these changes play nicely? Do
external renderers expect these kind of breaking changes on new Blender
versions?