[Bf-committers] Exposing Tool Settings - issue with 2.5x

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Aug 5 07:37:44 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yep, but there is still a conflict here in how settings are exposed,
> should the operator be synchronizing between scene->toolsettings and
> operator options at all?
>
> Its error prone - if a python script for example runs a bunch of
> operators it can adjust the scene->toolsettings used when they next
> run live unwrap.
>
> once we add last-used settings. should this be used rather then
> initializing the options from the tool settings?

Yes - as far as I'm aware the only reason toolsettings is used at the moment
is for this purpose - to store the most recently used settings for
particular tools. Ideally this sort of functionality should be enabled for
all operators. For all I know the scene->toolsettings is just there still as
a stopgap measure from 2.4 for this sort of purpose, it would be better to
replace it entirely.

> This option is internally (scene->toolsettings->uvcalc_flag &
> UVCALC_TRANSFORM_CORRECT), the idea is to be able to do other
> transformations and have the UV's be corrected - just transforming a
> vertex loop could work too for example.
> This option is meant to work more like mesh mirror, where multiple
> tools use it.

Could it not be a per-operator property? It would be more consistent with
other tools that way, and a bit more controllable. Also if settings are
stored if its something you like to use it only needs to be switched on
once...

matt