[Bf-committers] blender-ocio

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Aug 3 14:02:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Matt wrote a very nice summary of what he intended to work sofar:
> http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-vfx/2011-July/000124.html

I agree 100% with what was written here, and think it's the way to go.
Adding options in the image datablock, image save, render ouput and
viewer. Probably the first thing to get from OCIO is a way to get a
list of supported color spaces, and functions to convert entire images
and individual colors between two spaces.

Beyond that OCIO also has a way to specify color configuration for
multiple applications, if those support reading these configurations.
I'm not sure of how much immediate use this is for Blender users
(since it requires other applications to pick up this as a standard as
well), but what I think it would come down to is that it would control
the (default) values for these new color options.

Brecht.