[Bf-committers] NDOF missing files for OSX? (build error - CMake)

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 01:53:51 CEST 2011

Dalai Felinto wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having this error today:
> bf/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:30:51: error:
> 3DconnexionClient/ConnexionClientAPI.h: No such file or directory [complete
> log - http://www.pasteall.org/23657]
>
> I can't find this file anywhere in the blender source code (nor in the lib
> folders).

The 3DconnexionClient framework is a new build dependency on MacOS.
That missing header file is part of their driver, which you
(unfortunately) have to download this from their web site. I asked
last summer if we could put the header files in blender's svn, and
they said no. I'll press the issue so building won't be such a hassle.

For now, download from here:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-software/3dxlabs.html

> I disabled NDOF for cmake and builds work fine.

I'm surprised you were able to turn this off in the build script and
have it work... that is incomplete and untested.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire