[Bf-committers] Proposal: Canvas compositing

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:54:28 CEST 2011

here a few points which is important IMO :

Canvas Size can be different from Render Size. In our case the Composite
node defines all those outputs param (render size, frame rate, )... Canvas
Size could be of any size and most of the time would be bigger than the
render size for sure (ie matter painting)

Transform node (I think Sergey just did one a few days ago), It's fine to
have param in the node option to change as Trans, rot, scale, anchor point,
.... But a handler is needed in Image Editor. So clicking on a transform
node should draw an handler on your viewer

I don't think backdrop is very useful in itself except when you are on a
laptop with only one tiny screen that can help. But image viewer is more
what you would use to work. You got the scopes, all the set for tools, can
easly view the channels, select different viewer easly, choose slots,...
looks more like a place where it should be. Plus it doesn't have some
spaghetti in the middle of your image :)

as for axis, I don't thing there is render order of canvas until you
introduce 3D canvas. (which by the way the approach of Sergey with camera
and bundles could be an idea of representing your comp in 3D view).
But for now on the only order is controlled by the way your mix and merge
layers together

I can't wait for this :)

cheers

F.