[Bf-committers] Proposal: Canvas compositing

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:33:51 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM, michael williamson
<michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk> wrote:
> As a dual screen user I'd question why this has to be "just" the
> backdrop of the node editor...

I don't know if that is in Jeroen's design plan, but I'd heartily +1 this.

The backdrop viewing option has more than a few design shortcomings.
The backdrop is difficult to translate, to zoom, and to analyze with
the degrees of freedom and efficiency that dedicated viewports permit.

If we can learn anything from other industry applications, it is that
the composite node breakdown region should be a dedicated area
strictly to visualize and organize the node groups. The double duty
this region has evolved into within Blender is sub optimal at best.

With respect,
TJS