[Bf-committers] Sensor Size

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:46:19 CEST 2011

Hola,

I am of course hopeful to see this get some attention from the
developers, and appreciate you guys seeing the importance of this. I
just don't know how to proceed with this to make an inclusion in trunk
more likely. It would be really nice to hear some opinions from those
with authority.

With the BF being serious about camera tracking features and later
VFX, the basic functionality this patch provides is pretty essential
for any further work (gsoc) in this area. Better exporters also need
this. I realize the devs are busy, but don't understand why they are
quiet on this issue. There are still issues that need to be looked at,
like resolution gate (cameras having separate resolution from the
render output) and making the unit system work with DoF (for correct
focus-distance-affects-fov), but as a base I feel the patch is good to
go. Easy for me to say so I need a devs eye on this.

/Ejner