[Bf-committers] Camera view navigation rant

Brandon Phoenix ktbluear at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 00:53:30 CEST 2011

I'm not a dev, but I definitely agree with you Daniel. I find that view mode
rarely worthwhile. I think it may be useful to look at the way UDK does this
(being an FPS engine). UDK uses W and S to control movement on the Y plane, A
and D for the X plane, and SPACE and C for the Z. Mouse movement is used for
rotation, and the scroll wheel is used to change the speed of movement. I would
recommend, for use in Blender to add Q and E to control roll. Working with that
engine, I've found the movement scheme to be incredibly useful for navigating
large scenes.

UDK is available here: http://www.udk.com/

Hope that helps make a decision.

Brandon Phoenix