[Bf-committers] ffmpeg library update

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 19:09:52 CEST 2011

  Hi,

We're still using quite old version of ffmpeg for linux release builds
at least (this libraries were compiled from ffmpeg sources which were
used in blender source tree just before their remooving from the svn).
This was caused because some problems with pixelization which was
discussed here some weeks ago.

I was planning to update this libraries before 2.58 release but met one
thing which i'm not sure how to solwe: ffmpeg community was splitted
into two parts -- ffmpeg and libav. I'm not sure which community now is
more active and which library we should use in the future.

Maybe somebody could make things clear for us (and me particularly) so
we could update builder environments with the most perspective library
and version of this library.

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin