[Bf-committers] Blender Foundation/Institute crew 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Apr 23 13:49:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce we have sponsoring continued and enough
Blender store income to continue hire people for the next period. Even
outside a potential film project (Mango) which possibly starts after
the summer.

Apart from myself of course, these two people will be involved as paid
devs:

- Campbell Barton
Campbell will keep doing his amazing work on stabilizing Blender and
improving Python. Special attention will go to improving import/
export, wrapping up API todos including much better UI integration for
scripts, and support on migration of branches, like BMesh.

- Brecht van Lommel
Brecht will be back officially per May 1st! Apart from all regular
support work he'll work on leading a project for a brand new shader/
render system in Blender. Plus of course related targets for a Mango
project.

It's great to have Brecht back, exciting times are ahead :)

Thanks,

-Ton-