[Bf-committers] development of conditional pass-thru node for compositor

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:16:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

The greenscreen node Tom was talking about is certainly mine:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=18012&group_id=9&atid=127
But the interesting bits was integrated into trunk (in the chromakey
and despill nodes) by Robert Holcomb.

Writing compositing nodes is quite easy to get started with blender
development. Unfortunately if they are too specific they will not be
packed with blender and distributing a plugin for extra nodes is not
possible. So keep that in mind.

One image/compositing project that may be not to difficult to realize
to get started: Improve the compositor/sequencer color balance to use
curves to delimit shadows/midtones/highlights and add lift/gamma/gains
controls which influences are dependent of those curves (much like the
nuke grade node)

happy coding

Xavier