[Bf-committers] Vector Separate/Combine

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:13:31 CEST 2011

On a side note: The "Normal" node in compositor is confusing IMHO.
What it actually does is a simple dot product, but it has only one
input. The second vector argument used for the product is a constant
defined in the first output vector and manipulated by the "sphere
button" (which i find not very usable). I'm not really an artist, so
i'd like to know if this node is actually a useful simplification of
the dot product for artistic use (pseudo lighting?). For more flexible
vector math a "real" dot product node with two vector inputs will be
required nevertheless.