[Bf-committers] LibMV versus OpenCV / VXL

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Thu Apr 21 09:29:37 CEST 2011

Hello,
just few notes:
libmv development started specifically for use in blender several years ago.
I am not sure if the talk here is about use in compositor too, but libmv is as far as I know mainly targeted for "robust" camera motion matching.
At the same time, it should be of course usable for various compositing tasks(point tracking, video stabilisation).
I dont know about VXL, but OPENCV has far more than that(so new dep. size is bigger),
 while I don't remember seeing a good 3d reconstruction demo with it.
Sincerely
Vilem