[Bf-committers] development of conditional pass-thru node for compositor

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:34:03 CEST 2011

Hi Tom,

could you explain a bit more of your 'beginner' status - are you new
to programming or just new to programming blender.

If the later, you can just 'pick a node' you need and start implementing :)

This summer we expect to have one or two students focused on
matchmoving related coding (integration of libmv and improving libmv
for the areas important to our usage).

pete_ is implementing double mask support.

there is a green screen node that someone implemented that hasn't been
integrated yet.

there are some nodes and sequencer plugins that have been developed
for matting that haven't been integrated yet and could be ported to
2.5x code base to use in the compositor.

The 'GIMP' has integrated SIOX and has a branch that has tools for
getting a much cleaner plate (smarter feathering control).

I know brecht did a SIOX patch a year or two ago and didn't feel it
was worthwhile at that time, but I think that with the update to SIOX
for l2009 Gimp GSOC project it might good enough to be useful.

http://sites.google.com/site/gsoc2009/result-demo

http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2009-gimp/downloads/detail?name=Jenny_Ding.tar.gz&can=2&q=

LetterRip