[Bf-committers] Windows Debug Build (possible with free tools?)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:51:54 CEST 2011

@Sergey, good to see they added support but we need to use release
builds. From looking in the source I could only find msvc2008 project
files.

@Nathan,
This is really not obvious stuff ( == magic :-) )
-- Build blender fine with GCC --> Start blender errors out with "The
application failed to initialize properly (0xc9159992)." --> Install
MSVC2008 and it works!

It would have saved me a lot of hassle if it said "MSVC2008 run time
missing" or just a library name, its still mysterious what actually is
needed, assume its some DLL

When people in IRC ask how to build blender, its nice to be able to
give a concise answer & document weirdo problems like this one so new
devs aren't confronted with them.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Sergey Kurdakov <sergey.forum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> concerning vs2010 support,
>
> python team might not support it,
> but it is possible to compile python with vs2010
>
> with http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/PCbuild/
>
> and distribute it as a lib
>
> Regards
> Sergey