[Bf-committers] Unit system proposal

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:46:17 CEST 2011

Beside selection of metric and imperial system, I would like to be
able to select "working" unit. For metric that would be [mm, cm, m,
km], for imperial [in, ft, yd, mi]. And when one unit is selected,
that unit is default in all numeric fields for length.
Example: If I select metric system with cm as working unit and I type
2 under object's Z dimension, then that object will become 2 cm high.
Same goes for imperial. If I select 1yd as working unit, and then I
type 1 for Z dimension, value of that field should be 1yd, not 1'.