[Bf-committers] Should CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX work?

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Mon Apr 18 12:19:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been using an SVN checkout of the 2.5 branch and corresponding
build directory for some time now, happily doing SVN update and make,
make install to keep track of Blender progress. However, I just noticed
"make install" no longer installs files in the correct location
anymore.  Installation used to go to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, but now seems
to end up in <build-dir>/bin/2.5x. Has the installation procedure
changed at some point? Reading
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu/CMake
leads me to believe that filling in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX should work,
together with "make install". This is with cmake 2.8.1, Ubuntu 10.04.
The last time installation worked correctly seems to be around February,
28th

Thanks,
Paul