[Bf-committers] Why has "CTRL y" been removed from blender ?

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Apr 17 13:13:18 CEST 2011

As a tutorial maker and i have to stick with the defaults because that is
the only reliable way to go. (Forcing users to install a customized
interface
to rework the tutorials would be very wrong in my opinion) I agree that
aligning blender to other tools in the same market is a good decision.

On the other hand (as already mentioned before) both versions of redo
assignment seem to be "commonly used" and its not just a difference
in the target market but also a difference in the operating system.
For example  OSX seems to not support ctrl+y at all (even not on firefox).

I still would prefer to see ctrl+y added to the defaults. But if there
is no chance
to get both standards supported with blender then keeping ctrl+shift+z as
the default seems the best choice to me.

Cheers,
Gaia