[Bf-committers] Numeric fields should accept coma and convert it todot

M.G. Kishalmi lmg at kishalmi.net
Sun Apr 17 12:18:27 CEST 2011

meanwhile on a german keyboard...

until this problem is resolved, which could take a while,
users of german keyboards (and other variants that have a comma for
numpad delete)
could change their layouts so KPDL is a decimal point.

in linux/gnome this is fairly simple:
 -> http://kishalmi.servus.at/tmp/Screenshot_KPDL_gnome.jpg

alternatively, you could add
  include "kpdl(dot)"
to your /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/de

for XP (and prolly other win*s) there's a little M$ tool,
 called "Keyboard Layout Creator":
 -> http://kishalmi.servus.at/tmp/Screenshot_KPDL_XP.jpg

not sure if this is the most simple and elegant solution tho,
just quickly tested this on a VM.
You could prolly get away with just changing your region settings.

hth,
 lmg