[Bf-committers] permission issues on windows (blender-2.57) when rundata in installation folder

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Apr 17 03:53:05 CEST 2011

Hi.

When i install blender on windows with Rundata located within the
installation folder, then i later may run into permission issues:

For add-on module installations blender will let me go through the
whole installation process until i press the "install add-on..."
Button in the file selector. Then it skips silently and does
not install anything.

While it is intended behaviour to skip the installation of add ons
when file permissions are not sufficient, it would still be good
to see an error message on the screen which states something like:

"Could not install add on due to File permission errors.
  Please adjust your user file permission settings and retry."

or whatever gives me a hint about what went wrong.

cheers,
Gaia