[Bf-committers] Why has "CTRL y" been removed from blender ?

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 01:04:41 CEST 2011

The fact of the matter is, we can't have default hotkeys that will please everyone.

We started providing alternative keymaps for users of other software (maya only in 2.57, but others are probably in preparation).

If enough people using a different keyboard layouts want to get together and create a layout for azerty (or dvorak or quertz or whatever) and there is enough support for it, we could also include it.

Martin