[Bf-committers] Why Ctrl-y has been removed in 2.5 ? was: Why has "CTRL y" been changed to "CTRL SHIFT z" ?

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Thu Apr 14 21:43:07 CEST 2011

Hi, nether;

You are right. I double checked and found this:

for blender-2.49:
ctrl-z   -> undo
ctrl-y  -> redo
ctrl-shift-z -> redo

for blender-2.5:
ctrl-z   -> undo
ctrl-shift-z -> redo

I also found earlier today that i can customize blender to use ctrl-y
instead of ctrl-shift-z for redo in the user preferences:

file -> user preferences -> input

look at screen -> screen global -> redo

and change it from ctrl-shift-z to ctrl-y and all is well. Instead of
changeing
ctrl-shift-z you could just just add ctrl-y to the mix and thus get back
ctrl-y
and ctrl-shift-z just like with 2.49

I still wonder why ctrl.y has been dropped ...

cheers,
Gaia