[Bf-committers] Use DerivedMesh instead of Mesh in GeometryExporter

Daniel Tavares danielmtavares at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:22:17 CEST 2011

I'm trying to get Blender to export normals, tangents and binormals. I'm not
familiar with the modifiers system yet, so I can't say how this affects the
exporting objects with baked modifiers. Any info on this is very much
appreciated.

What do you mean by making this a property of the operator? I'm hoping not
to lose any previous functionality, but since this is my first time
tinkering with Blender's code base, I probably messed something up in there.

If exporting scenes with instancing is already supported by the current
implementation, it should continue to do so. Is there anyway you can provide
me a simple scene with such example? That way I can test it and make sure I
don't break any previously supported feature.

To be honest, it's not very clear to me what exactly the current exporter
already supports. In my understanding, the current implementation works in
certain scenarios, but lacks support in other areas, and has bugs. I'm
hoping that my contributions can improve Blender's COLLADA support.

Cheers,
Daniel