[Bf-committers] GPL v2/v3 problem.

Alex Fraser adfries at vpac.org
Wed Apr 13 04:05:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

----- Original Message -----
> Yes, there also seems to be some confusion with GPL and LGPL.
>
> Even if Eigen was not additionally lisenced as GPL2+, the main license
> is LGPL3 and not GPL3 so a GPL2 prog (or even a proprietary program)
> can use it without problem.

Ah yes, I didn't realise it was using LGPL. But there is still the Wavelet Turbulence code, which looks like it uses GPLv3. E.g.

    intern/smoke/intern/IMAGE.h

// Wavelet Turbulence is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.

Is there any plan to relicense it as GPLv2?

Cheers,
Alex