[Bf-committers] Geometry in Compositor or Quadrangulation???

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:54:17 CEST 2011

after a chat with Matt we agreed that there are two areas to take care
now or eventually:

1- masking tools: simple, independant from 3D view, interactive,
probably work inside *image editor*. rotobezier, power windows, etc go
here

2- integration of 3D scene: this should be done by making a better
*blender internal*. the renderer should handle non obstructive
rendering of custom jobs, like it does with material preview renders.
It should handle different cameras or resolution (to be able to render
outside of main view's screenspace) and it should be able to render
simple geometry like shadeless objects or normals as fast as possible.
This is actually simmilar to an old design of mine that uses the 3D
view instead of the image editor but still focuses on tweaking Blender
Internal to be more flexible

https://docs0.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1VLs3SkOjn9TVYtet0KvNTVLWvcgaH4gVYIUrMOMp_xo&authkey=CIK37ecL&hl=en

what Pete is doing is probably a mix between the two and that's
probably a bad idea :s

cheers!

Daniel Salazar
3Developer.com