[Bf-committers] Geometry in Compositor or Quadrangulation???

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Apr 12 07:51:20 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com
<zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed! :) *but!* there are other uses for having a geometry node in
> the compositor like bringing geometry normals, vectors, alphas and
> what not and all interactive (no need for regular render). It's what
> other compositors do to integrate the 3D view with the compositor. We
> can see this as a step of integration. What do you think Matt?

I think it's a bad idea. Blender already has a renderer and that's
what it's for. Duplicating code to make an entirely separate renderer
that's only used in the comp would end up in a world of
overcomplicated pain. If there are problems with the workflow of
rendering elements to be used in comp, then that should be worked on
itself, I don't think the solution is to ignore it and build an
entirely separate thing.

But that's all putting the cart way before the horse anyway, when so
much of blender's compositor is still at quite a basic level for 2d
manipulations.

Matt