[Bf-committers] Use DerivedMesh instead of Mesh in GeometryExporter

Wenzel Jakob wenzel at wazlaf.org
Tue Apr 12 01:01:27 CEST 2011

Ah, nice! I suppose this patch is meant to export objects with baked
modifiers?

One suggestion from my end would be to make this a property of the
operator itself (i.e. whether to export original/derived meshes) so that
the old functionality is still there.

Also, I'm curious: will your patch preserve the ability to export scenes
with instancing? This currently works quite well with the original mesh
implementation and can potentially save vast amounts of storage in
scenes that make use of this feature.

Thanks,
Wenzel